High Tatras Valleys
Mengusovská dolinaStarting point:
Valley entry: from the railway station TEŽ - Popradské Pleso the asphalt road to the chalet ChatA pri Popradskom plese, the trail from Štrbské Plesois alternative.
Valley length: 8 km
Points of interest:
- the symbolic cemetery - popular memorial place devoted to victims of the High Tatras in 1 525 altitude. It was built in year 1936 with the motto „In memory of dead men, warning for alive".
- the Popradské mountain lake divides the valley into the Zlomisková valley on the northeast and the Mengusovská valley on the northwest side
- the Mengusovská valley belongs to the most beautiful and largest valleys on the south side of the High Tatras
- the north part of the valley divides into valleys: Hincová and Žabích plies
- the chalet - Chata pod Rysmi is the highest located in the High Tatras in 2 250 altitude; although open only in summer season
- at the end of the Hincova kotlina under the Kôprovský peak the biggest and deepest mountain lake (20, 08 hectare large and 57, 3 meters deep) - is located. Its length is 740 meters and width 370 meters and it is located in 1 946 altitude. On the average 270 days in a year its water-surface is covered by ice.
- Rysy (2 499,6 m) - the border crossing between the Slovakia and Poland
- Veľký Mengusovský štít (2 438 m)
- Východný Mengusovský štít (2 398 m)
- Prostredný Mengusovský štít (2 393 m)
- Hincova veža (2 372 m)
- Čubrina (2 371 m)
- Kôprovský štít (2 367 m)
- Mengusovský volovec (2 227 m)
Located in the valley: Chata pri Popradskom plese, Chata pod Rysmi, Majláthova chata
Back to list