Vyšné Hágy (1 100 altitude) is the important Tatras village between Štrbské Pleso and Starý Smokovec at Batizovská dolina to Popradská kotlina. The establishment of the Special medical institution for tuberculosis and respiratory diseases has changed the original character of the village.
In the year 1941 the sanatorium with the capacity of 450 beds was founded and was once the largest one for tuberculosis in the central Europe. Next to the modern main building several personnel flats and establishments were built.
The oldest village part was located approximately 300 meters below the today´s railway station. Vyšné Hágy joins Tatranská magistrála and has good road connection.